Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012: A Look Back

Every year I set goals for myself.  Last year I posted those goals in these tweets:

Of the five goals I set, none of them happened.  I missed out on coffee with Jeff, Sitting in a 747 at all, I don't even have my single VFR yet, I never graced a Taco Bueno commercial, and Tom Delonge never responded to any of my tweets.  

But, I don't just set goals to achieve them.

I know, that doesn't make a lot of sense.  But here's what I'd like to propose: Without a dream, one lacks motivation.  I took steps in everyone of the goals above... and they haven't happened... yet.  Setting goals doesn't mean that if they don't happen I have failed.  Instead, setting goals helps keep me motivated.  

Because of the effort I put forth in the above things, a number of other things happened.
  • My wife and I got pregnant
  • I will have flown 90 flight segments on United by the end of this year
  • I got to meet several new friends across the country
  • I got to introduce many people to Taco Bueno (I may not be in a TV Ad, but I'm a walking Ad!)
  • I've increased my clients, and created new work opportunities for myself
I even made it on a video produced by United:

So, I'm going to keep setting goals, and keep achieving great things!  And I suggest that you set goals as well!

But, hey, I'm just some guy who likes to look at airplanes, so what do I know?



No comments: